Shamong Township is a community located in the southeastern section of Burlington County. Fifty-five percent of this forty-five square mile township is occupied by the state owned Wharton Tract which is protected against any development. The township is also under the protection of the Pinelands Comprehensive Management Plan.
The district has two schools – The Indian Mills School, which covers grades preschool disabled through fourth grade, and the Indian Mills Memorial School, which covers grades five through eight. The following information must be presented before enrolling your child in the Shamong Township School District:
• The District requires three proofs of residency. One document must be either a Deed, an Agreement of Sale, a Rental or Lease Agreement, a Certificate of Occupancy, or a notarized letter from the builder or realtor. The other document must be a driver's license showing address, a utility bill, or a government/social agency ID showing address.
• Parent/Guardian photo driver's license for identification purposes.
• Child's original birth certificate (the school office will make copies).
• A transfer card from your child's former school district.
• Copy of your child's most recent report card and standardized test scores.
• Copy of your child's health card or pediatric immunization card.
• If there is an IEP in place for your child, we would also request that a copy of the current IEP be brought with you at registration for our Child Study Team office to review.
• To help insure the safety of our students, if there is a divorce and resulting custody situation, a copy of the paperwork will need to be kept on file here in the main office.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Shamong Township School District.