• Incidents, either on or off school grounds
·Can be a single incident or series of incidents
• Includes any gesture, or any written, verbal or physical act, or any electronic communication
• Must be based on:
·Any actual or perceived characteristic
·EXAMPLES: races, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity and expression, or mental/physical/sensory disability, or ANY OTHER DISTINGUISHING CHARACTERISTIC
• Must substantially disrupt or interfere with the orderly operation of the school or the rights of other students;
• Must meet one of the following condiitons in additions to causing substantial disruption or interference;
· Has effect of insulting or demeaning student or group of students OR
· Creates hostile educational environment for student by interfering with student's education OR severely or
pervasively causing physical or emotional harm to student. "
On December 22, 2015, the New Jersey Department of Education released the Self-Assessment for Determining Grades under the Anti-Bullying Bills of Rights District and School Grade Report for the Shamong Township School District. This report is one of the requirements under the Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights Act.
In order to foster safe and positive learning conditions for students, the school and district grades are part of an integrated process for reinforcing and strengthening a school's climate and culture through prevention and intervention efforts targeted toward harassment, intimidation, and bullying. The data gathered on the Self-Assessment Report is used to identify and address areas for improvement.
The maximum total number of points a school may receive is 78. Indian Mills Elementary School received a 63 and Indian Mills Middle School received a 63. The school district's grade was a 63, this is an average of the total scores of both of the schools in our district. A letter grade is not issued for schools or the district.
Ms. Heidi Fuller
Ms. Stacey Boyle-Weller
Mr. Ryan Vaux
NJEA Bullying Violence
CNN News Special on Bullying
NJ Information On Bullying
Government Bullying Site
Chatting With Yours Kids About Online
Making Safer Choices Online
Stop Cyber Bullying
Stomp Out Bullying
Free Book With PDF Pages